Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Categories

Please refrain from copy and pasting messages over and over and over, or you will be removed from the forum. We all have input to make so let's keep this at a discussion and not a text block of commercials. Here are some helpful guidelines for good discussion and debate recommended by one of our members:

• * Stay on topic
  • * Be clear
  • * Build upon your points and address those of other people
  • * Refrain from making assumptions about others' unstated views
  • * If you disagree with somebody, do so politely
  • * Clarify your terms and seek to understand others' (but avoid semantic derails)
Note: The opinions expressed by the moderators and members of this discussion board do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Occupy Together or Occupy Wall St. In the spirit of free information, open discussion, and the freedom of expression, members are able to speak about issues relating and directly pertaining to the Occupy movement. You will be banned for hate speech or intentional misinformation and please refrain from any violent rhetoric; this is a peaceful movement. Thank you.
Top Foreclosure Firm Threw Homeless-Themed Halloween Bash
  • MundusVultDecipiMundusVultDecipi October 2011 +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )
    I moved it from 'newswire' to a more appropriate category. The absurdity of this... it is baffling. To me it's almost like a right of passage they've created to absolve themselves from any shame. They celebrate it. Amazing.

The cubicles have unleashed the animal...
  • MundusVultDecipiMundusVultDecipi November 2011 +1 -1
    VICTORY!
    Awful Homelessness-Mocking Foreclosure Firm Closes
    http://gawker.com/5861564/awful-homelessness+mocking-foreclosure-firm-closes
  • bnhunter December 2011 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
    HELLO....new person to the site here...While I understand the magnitude of the issues raised by the occupy movement, I can honestly say in ernest that I dont thin k most of the population does. It is my belief that if they knew what the movement was pressing for in simple concise terms..the majority of this countries americans would be on board....it seems to me that the occupy movement is all over the map and that being in a scattered position of protest hinders the highly significant message that could be delivered. I am not being critical--just real. Maybe theoccupy leadership could hold an online election to discern 3-4 specific platforms from which the movement could mobilize and bombard the media with these 3 or 4 issues of protests. As a side note--the AARP organization has really taken a wise stance with their meidcare benefits by recently running ads indicating the strength in their voting numbers by directing it right at the politicians running for office. Their ads say--we are 5 million strong voting americans and we will be watching you (politicians) over the next few months and you will hear from us on election day. If you want to keep your job--you best be considering our desires because we are the people you represent--and we are watching. Occupy should take this same bold in your face voting agenda. We need short concise issues that the movement could use as platform issues for resolution. Ex: 1) immediate criminal investigation and congressional inquiry into the reasons for us dollar bail outs 2) new legislation to prohobit insider trading by elected officials in Congess 3) immediate goverment pressure to force banks that reveived us tax payer bail out money to renegotiate upside down loans for americans forcing foreclosue for the purpose of keeping their homes. 4) 3% of the foriegn aid budget redirected immediately to fund US infrastructure projects that create jobs for americans. These are just examples! Next, it might be wise to bombard the media with the selected issues so that public opinion and politicians can take sides and be accountable and empowered. Lastly, the movement can be identified by 99% as well as sheer voting power in numbers that flash in the face of politicians and that have the capacity to bring criminals to justice via congressional inquiry and hearings regarding wall street deception and good ole boy antics. The occupy movement has this capacity! It is ripe for demanding change if simple organizational functions could ensue. Just a thought and commentary?
  • MundusVultDecipiMundusVultDecipi December 2011 +1 -1
    There are organizations forming to spur this idea. 'The People's Caucus' was started by occupy Des Moines.
    Source: http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/12/27-3